Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 20 April 2012

Info Post

Happy TGIF everyone hope its been a good one so far.
Today I’m sharing the before & after of this cute, vintage side table.

finished

But before I do I wanted to share with all you bloggers and antiquing fanatics (like me) a new Wiki site I found out about that will be listing flea markets, antique shops, re-sale shops, etc…so that anyone traveling will have a one site listing to search and find the best places to shop. Their goal is a complete directory of all the above locations in every city around the world.
A true antiquing guide that is free for everyone. Plus you can add your favorite shops and flea markets located in your area.  Here is the link:  MYcityantiquing.org

Okay, back to my little table redo.  It was a sad little table as they usually are when I find them.  Here’s the before.

before2

Kind of blah, huh? But it has some great details going for it so I painted it with Annie Sloan’s Duck Egg Blue, which I absolutely love! I then decoupaged the drawers with vintage music sheets and rose pictures.  Which I forgot to take a picture of! When you slide out the drawer you see the roses and music sheets on the outsides of the drawer.

I also decoupaged a lovely scrapbook page to the top and added a stencil at the bottom.

painted

I could have sworn I turned that drawer sideways and took a pic. Oh well, sorry, I’ve already taken it down to Kings Antique’s but if it is still there next time I go by I’ll try to get you a picture.

I then glazed it with a burnt umber glaze to age it, waxed it with clear wax, and then distressed.  Finally, I applied another coat of wax and after that had dried I added coat of satin polyurethane to just the top for added durability. The drawer pull had that vintage look I wanted so I just cleaned it up and put it back on.

top


finished

Hope you enjoyed this quick project.  Have a wonderful weekend. Princess-

signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment