Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 20 April 2012

Info Post
I've seen a ton of cute hair ideas and tricks pinned all over. It makes me miss my long hair...there's just so much you can do with short hair. Anyway...the sock curls and the head band curls have gone around quite a bit and I knew sometime we'd have a Pinstrosity on our hands, and finally today we got one.

The Original Pin
http://thepapermama.com/2011/07/hair-tutorial-no-heat-curl-html.html

Carolyn decided to give this pin a test last night/this morning in preparation for a photo shoot, and it didn't turn out quite as she had hoped. Ok, not at all like she had hoped. After staying up late just to let her hair dry enough after her shower, this Pinstrosity was an extra disappointment. She tells us, "I waited until my hair was only slightly damp, and got to work with twisting it into the headband.  I them climbed into bed and fell asleep (it actually isn't that uncomfortable, I was able to sleep very well with it up like that.)  I got up this morning and started to take my hair down.  I saw the front curls first and thought, "Oh goodness, I am going to be Shirley Temple... again!" And this girl can pull of some great Shirley Temple curls. Well...all looked good at first, but as she kept unrolling the headband, disappointment struck.

The Pinstrosity


She's not sure exactly what went wrong here...and since Em and I both have short hair we can't really test it out. Here's what Carolyn guesses might have gone wrong:
  • The back may have dried out too much before she wrapped the hair in the headband.
  • The back curls may have not been wrapped tight enough.
  • The front curls may need to be a little more dry or loose to match the back curls.
  • Perhaps a larger headband is needed (the one she used is below).


Has anyone else had success with this? Do you have any insights as to how to make this work better next time? Or have you had the same issues (or different issues) with this?

0 comments:

Post a Comment