Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 19 April 2012

Info Post
During the last few days, in which I have probably spent too long fretting over the fact that I have an inconceivable amount of tasks to be completed in the coming month or so, I have truly discovered the joys of online shopping.
I've never been much of a fan of online shopping, because I love to hold a prospective purchase in my hands and take a good look at it. It may seem contrary to previous theory, but I tend to buy more shopping in stores than online. I simply love shopping excursions.
My views haven't really changed, but I have discovered a passion for Etsy, a mecca for part-time designers who handcraft wares because they enjoy it. I love the idea of supporting someone's passion rather than a mainstream business that puts so much emphasis on profit. There is also something that feels quintessentially sentimental about Etsy products. Perhaps my favorite distinct quality of Etsy is that the designs are pleasantly unique, and they are often much more affordable than somewhat similar mainstream versions.

Etsy has a large selection of colorful products to share with its community, and I would like to pass it on. These are the items that are currently inspiring me in my stressful days.

Note: Although Etsy is also renowned for its vintage selection, this post focuses solely on handmade products. 
All images from Etsy.com. I do not own these photographs.


Braided chain and cotton bracelets (set of two): $45.
From the Alebasso shop. Click to buy here.


Rhinestone wrapped cobra neon chain bracelet: $18.
From the NALYJEWELS shop. Click to buy here.


Color block tank: $39.
From the Bartinki shop. Click to buy here.


Hand-dyed silk top: $142.
From the xsilk shop. Click to buy here.


Geometric leather fringe earrings: $34.
From the BooandBooFactory shop. Click to buy here.


Cotton candy colour block messenger bag: $39.
From the babushkajewelry shop. Click to buy here.

In the near future I do hope to open my very own Etsy shop in collaboration with Girl Loves Color. Let's see what happens!

In the meantime, I shall continue to enjoy ogling beautiful designs such as these.
If you have any favorite Etsy stores, I'd love to know! Leave a comment with some shops for me (and others) to check out.

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment