Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 6 April 2012

Info Post
Although the last week has succeeded in absorbing the majority of my energy, I summoned the remainder of my energy for a fantastic birthday celebration yesterday. I was quite caught up in festivities, so this post shall serve as my birthday post, only a day late.
Unsurprisingly, I spent the day shopping in SoHo, which every savvy New Yorker knows is the best place for such an activity. Much of the time consisted of me drooling over Opening Ceremony's jaw-dropping selection of Mary Katrantzou (maybe next year, mom and dad?) and deciding between off-white or black platform wedges at just-opened Dolce Vita. The hours in between were comprised of visits to Topshop, Madewell, Sephora, the brand new Zimmermann store, Roni, Babel Fair, Condor, and Kate's Paperie for some much-needed card-making supplies. My appetite was quenched with a midday snack at Georgetown Cupcake and a satisfying dinner at Epistrophy, my current favorite restaurant.
(For the many who ask me about my favorite spots in the city, you now have an idea.)

Most may agree that the epitome of a birthday is the presents. I tend to favor the time I get to spend with the people I love most, but I have to admit that I always look forward to unveiling the products of my parents' plotting. I'm pleased to say that my finds are certainly worth blogging about.
I'd like to take a second to applaud my parents for knowing exactly what I want, although I should mention that I did unashamedly drop a multitude of hints throughout the past few weeks.
My first gift, a neon yellow-green Cambridge Satchel Co. bag, has been a constant source of unadulterated happiness for two whole days now. And my second gift, a Polaroid SX-70 land camera, literally makes me feel like the coolest (and luckiest!) person ever.

It's natural that one wants to use new acquisitions immediately, and I am no exception, as you shall see with today's outfit.






Minkpink top, Madewell jeans, Cambridge Satchel Co. satchel, Dolce Vita platform wedges.


Both the Minkpink top and the platform wedges are from Dolce Vita's new SoHo location on Elizabeth Street.



Necklaces by Ariel Gordon and Poupette.


Images taken with my iPhone 4S

I had an unbelievable amount of fun on my birthday, and it's all thanks to the wonderful people I was able to spend it with. Man is a social creature, thriving on the presence of his peers. I am so thankful for my friends and family, and I love them unconditionally. Thank you for making my day so special.

Here's to another colorful year.

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment