Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 4 April 2012

Info Post
So if you've been following the blog for a while now you probably saw the "It Burst My Glowing Bubbles" post about bursting the glow in the dark bubble myth. I found that the glow in the dark solution diluted the bubble solution too much so that bubbles couldn't even form. Well, since that post I've been wondering about using a larger quantity of bubble solution and seeing if that would work and I finally tested it out.

Just as a refresher, here's The Original Pin



I finally remembered to grab a big ol' bottle of bubbles this time. Last time I tested an 8 oz. bottle of bubbles. I could have gone to a 33 oz bottle, but why do that when you could go big and do a 100 oz. bottle?!  I figured if it didn't work with the 100 oz. it wouldn't work with the 33 oz. 

The Pinstrosity
Remember the size comparison last time?

Here's the size comparison this time:


We tested this out last night so that I didn't have to hide in my closet with towels stuffed under the door to block the light. Like the first time, I tested the bubbles first to see if the bubbles were good just on its own (because sometimes you do get crappy bubbles), and it worked great. So I broke the glow stick to make it glow, cut it open and poured it in the bubbles. It just kinda sank to the bottom and didn't want to mix in, so bubbles still formed, but there was no glow on them. So I put the cap back on the bottle and shook it up until the glow solution was all throughout the bubbles. 

Ooh, 100 oz. of glowing bubble solution.  
And the results...didn't work. With the glow solution mixed through the bubble solution, bubbles would not form at all, the consistency had been changed enough. I was disappointed, I thought this might work. So yet again, the glowing bubble pin is popped. 

This morning I was curious to see if bubbles still wouldn't form and pulled the bubble wand out...bubbles! Sitting over night something happened and the bubble solution is again working. They aren't glowing of course, but we do have workable bubble solution again. 

So then I got wondering, maybe the original picture just meant to have a glowing glow stick in the area of the bubbles and it would reflect of the surface of the bubbles. So I retreated to my closet and stuffed the bottom of the door with towels and tested this out. Nope, still doesn't work. 

This pin is officially popped.

0 comments:

Post a Comment