Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 8 March 2012

Info Post
Quinoa Mac n' Cheese
   Em here, so if kitchens could talk, my last house would have a novel. Not only did it survive a hilarious kitchen fire incident (a story for another time) it also survived what has been lovingly named"The Great Quinoa Incident of '11". This is pre-pinterest yes, but seeing a trend of Quinoa replacements in cooking on Pinterest, I thought this little tid bit would save some poor innocent cook some BIG kitchen troubles.

The Original



The Pinstrosity (Per say...)


+


  So no, I don't have the actual picture(lame-sauce I know, but it really was THAT bad), however, it really was just quinoa and cheese! Don't get me wrong, I love me some Quinoa, but this really wasn't up to par. It just tasted like quinoa, there was cheese present, but not in a good way. We even tried spices, which didn't seem to help, we didn't add veggies, which may have helped, and the recipe we tried didn't call for eggs, this ended up not being flavorful at ALL and it wasn't very filling either. This ended as a dud, sadly. If anyone has a killer recipe, and I mean this has to be more than excellent, the last was a HUGE turn off for the Quinoa department...The Mr.Chips still shudders when I ask if we can do a second take, we would be MORE than willing to give it a shot. I for one am still convinced that nothing comes between me and Beautiful Blue Box of Kraft, but we are always open for new additions!


                                              -Emilee

0 comments:

Post a Comment