Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 9 March 2012

Info Post
Hello friends one exhausted blogger stopping for a few minutes to share my refurbished buffet.  Here is the after.



Most of you know I’m remodeling my kitchen and this piece just was not going to fit with the new décor.  Do you remember  the before?




It is a good piece with lovely features but they just don’t show up and the natural wood just does not go with my Paris Gray and white walls.  Also its just  not shabby chic enough for me.

So I gave it a coat of primer just to cut down on the amount of ASCP Pure White I would have to use.  I stripped the top and then stained it with an Early American stain.



I then painted the buffet white and the front door panels and drawer fronts Louis Blue. I then waxed the base and top back with clear wax and distressed it.  The top I sealed with four coats of a satin polyurethane.




By the way don’t you just love my little antique clock I picked up at Wuslu?

After I distressed it I applied another coat of clear wax and a little dark wax here and there to give it more of an aged look.  I liked the hardware so I just cleaned it up and put it back on.




I love how it turned out especially the way the details pop now.  What do you think? Should I paint the hardware?

Hope I have inspired you today its back to work in the kitchen for me.  Have a great weekend everyone. Princess




I’m sharing with the following lovely ladies.


Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Furniture Feature Friday


Saturday
Saturday Night Special
Show & Tell Saturday
Get Schooled Saturday
Spotlight Saturday




Sunday
Sister Sunday Linky Party
Its Party Time
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
Sunday Showoff
Sunday Blog Love




Monday
Mop It Up Mondays
Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Just Something I Whipped Up
Creative Blogger Party & Hop
Creative Me @ The Southern Institute
The More the Merrier


Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Trash 2 Treasure Party
Twice Owned Tuesday
Tuesday's Treasures
One Project At A Time

Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday
POWW Linky Party
Restored It Wednesday
Be Inspired
Primp Your Stuff Wednesday

Thursday
Transformation Thursday

Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Furniture Feature Friday
Frugal Friday
Show & Tell Friday
Shabbilicious Friday

Saturday
Saturday Nite Special

0 comments:

Post a Comment