Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 21 March 2012

Info Post
I've been quite unorganized recently, caught up in my own little world. Needless to say I've been MIA for  some time now, but I do hope to get back into the swing of things within the next week or so. I'm not really blaming this on anyone but myself. The weather has been perking me up considerably and in doing so has succeeded in distracting me from the things I probably should be doing. One of the bad things about being on break is that literally everything contains the possibility of completely obliterating your not-very-well-planned-out plan for the day.
It's this has got me thinking about the whole theory of laziness. In our modern world there is always so much to do (we've got our best friends cell phone and computer to thank for that) that it seems reasonably to assume that laziness should be in decline. After all, if we have nothing at home for dinner it just takes a few clicks to fix that problem. But maybe we have the opposite problem: we can get things done so effortlessly that tasks that require a reasonable amount of work seem so much more difficult.
Fashion, strangely enough, seems to be headed in a similar direction. If you've been paying even the slightest attention to the latest magazine issues or fashion news websites, you may have noticed the sudden arrival of two very strange trends: pajamas and wet hair. If you don't know much about either of these trends, they are quite self-explanatory. The former involves ready-to-wear clothing inspired by pajamas that look exactly like something one would sleep in. The latter consists of hair that is made with whatever means possible to have that fresh just-out-of-the-shower-look.
I very rarely criticize fashion trends. There are certainly trends that I don't care for in the slightest, but everyone has his/her own taste, which I do respect. At a time like this, my opinion doesn't even matter. I always considered fashion - the art of dressing specifically - as the mechanism of putting oneself together in a way that promotes self-confidence and one's distinct personality. If I see a woman walking down the street in a "pajama" top with "wet" hair, I'm simply going to think to myself, This woman is a mess. It's  blindly following a trend without considering the message that it sends.
Therefore I believe that it is time to inject a bit of sophistication back into our spring style. There are infinitely many different kinds of looks in the fashion world, but now it is time to revel in the feminine grace of the spring fashions. This season is about being put-together, so fold your pajamas and put them back on the bed and take some time to style your hair after a shower, because spring is one of the most joyful seasons.

I've selected some inspiration both for me and for you to help us find the motivation we need to keep things classy throughout the season. Of course, take a cue from Girl Loves Color and do so with some brights. There's nothing like a little bit of color to inspire one to dress to impress.







Images found via Tumblr
I do not own any of the photographs in this post

I hope you've been newly inspired to put together some wonderful outfits for the coming days. The weather is becoming truly gorgeous, so go outside and show off your fantastic self. Please do remember to add a dash of color for my sake and for yours.

I hope my lengthy contemplative section has somewhat compensated for the days I've been missing from the blogging world. I'd love for you to shoot me an e-mail or leave a comment on this post with your opinions about my musings. Fashion-related discussions always intrigue me.

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment