Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 6 March 2012

Info Post
Hey, it's Marquette. I've got a great Pinstrosity for you from Becky...un-revolutionary mac & cheese. She says,  "First off, I'd like to say that I am a HUGE macaroni and cheese fan. It's undoubtedly my favourite food and to this day my mother still calls me Beckaroni; a proper nickname given to me as a child. So when I saw a pin about a "Revolutionary Mac & Cheese," I repinned it immediately, blindly believing this truly could be the most amazing macaroni and cheese."

The Original Pin
From http://www.macaroniandcheesecake.com/2011/09/revolutionary-mac-cheese.html
The Pinstrosity



I sat here trying to paraphrase Becky's email, but in the end, her words are just perfect. Here's what she said about this adventure:



"I thought the title of the blog was clever [Macaroni & Cheesecake], and figured the writer must love macaroni & cheese (and cheesecake!) as much as I do. I followed the directions, dotting all the I's and crossing all the T's. I didn't skip a beat."

"I'm not going to lie. When I saw the finished product, I was already skeptical. It didn't look right. But I am the last person to judge macaroni and cheese. So I eagerly tried my first bite and BLEH! GROSS. What did I ever do to deserve this nastiness? Okay... that might be an overreaction, but thinking back on it, I was pretty disappointed with the results. It was very bland and the texture was awkward."

"I can't say if there is necessarily a "fix" for this pinstrosity. The only thing I can think of is tossing it out and replacing it with an old friend: the blue box of Kraft mac & cheese. You just can't go wrong there."

"If anyone would like to tackle finding a solution, pray, do so! Maybe it was just a sour coincidence that I was unable to create this supposed "revolutionary" dinner. Good luck to all that try it!" 

                                                                                                             


0 comments:

Post a Comment