Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 9 March 2012

Info Post
We were emailed a Pinstrosity that I remember wanting to do as a kid. One of my classmates brought their awesome multicolored crayon cube in for show and tell and all the rest of us 2nd graders were green with envy.  I don't know if I just never brought it up to my mom, or if she said no or why I never tried this. Anyway, here's the cool crayon "cube" that was sent in to us:

The Original Pin:
http://www.chefmessy.com/2009/02/happy-valentines-for-crayon-out-loud.html

Aren't those cute?!

Our Pinner saw this project and ran to the dollar store to pick up the supplies.  All seemed to have gone well until she pulled the crayon circles out of the pan. 
The Pinstrosity

She discovered that "the bottom of the crayons were beautiful like pictures, but the tops of the crayons were this uniform blended color. When broken, the beautiful bottom was just a thin layer. A thin layer of lies. I was so disappointed that I was the only person on the planet who couldn't even melt crayons right."

What I love about our Pinner is that she didn't stop here with this Pinstrosity, she decided to experiment and try again. 

"Not to be deterred, I ran out and bought Crayola crayons and silicone baking cups. I repeated the process, only this time they came out great. Not sure what went wrong the first time, may have been a fluke. One positive thing to come out of the second batch was that I spilled something on the crayons. After rinsing, I discovered that wet crayon wrappers are very easy to remove from the crayons."

Here's her 2nd attempt:

                                                                                  

0 comments:

Post a Comment