Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 19 March 2012

Info Post
Glowing bubbles would most definitely be the coolest thing since sliced bread. I'm an "adult" (by age only) and I still love bubbles, so glowing bubbles would just be even more awesome, right?!

The Original Pin:

The directions said to break the glow stick, add the glow stick liquid to the bubble solution, and Voila! glowing bubbles! 

I pinned this one on my "To Test" board because I was already a little skeptical. My first thought was "Won't the glow-in-the-dark liquid change the consistency of the bubble solution too much to work?" I decided that I wanted to test it out, because if this worked it was going to be awesome. 

I went to the store and they either had HUGE bottles of bubble solution (and I mean huge) or packs of small bottles. It took me forever to find just a single bottle of bubble solution that didn't come with a bubble gun or something of the sort. Of course of all the different characters/movies I was offered through my bubble selection, I had to go with Toy Story. 
My bubble and glow stick selections. 

Before I dumped in the glow-in-the-dark liquid, I wanted to know how well this bubble solution worked first. It was awesome! Lots of bubbles, all sizes of bubbles...definitely To Infinity and Beyond Bubbles. So I knew the bubble solution was working perfectly...now to see how the glow-stick stuff affected it. 

The Pinstrosity:

Cool glowing bubble solution...but no bubbles! I couldn't get a single bubble to form once I added the glow-stick liquid. I tried light breaths, hard breaths, sideways breaths, etc. No bubbles. The consistency just did not work at all. So I then had a glowing bottle of bubble-less solution.

Perhaps this would work with the huge bottle of solution as it wouldn't get as diluted down...but I don't know. That's an experiment for another day.

                                                                                            

0 comments:

Post a Comment