Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 17 March 2012

Info Post
I tried a recipe for filled cupcakes a while back that failed miserably. Well, they tasted great, but they weren't filled at all. When I happened on this it seemed so simple and so perfect!

The Original Pin


Just put a kiss in the middle 5 min. into the baking...that's it?! Sounded too good to be true. And in a way, it was. 

The Pinstrosity


I'm not a huge fan of just plain kisses, so I decided to try both plain kisses and the caramel filled ones to see if they both worked (I was of course hoping the caramel ones would work best). I used half plain kisses and half caramel kisses in the pan to see how they worked.

I also didn't have cup cake papers on hand (I never do), so I did what I always do with cupcakes and floured the pan (you know, that thing we all did before Pam?).

The caramel kisses sunk all the way to the bottom and stuck to the pan. We couldn't get a single caramel kiss cupcake out of the pan with the bottom intact (the cupcake on the right in my picture is the caramel kiss cupcake). And it looked like the chocolate just melted into the cupcake leaving the caramel mess. The plain kiss worked better. It stayed intact and most of them didn't sink all the way to the bottom (the one in the picture is about how all of them were roughly). But...it tasted normal. When you finally reached the center and bit into the kiss, it wasn't all that exciting. It tasted like you took a bite of a cupcake and then put a kiss in your mouth. Now I know this makes it slightly more exciting than the regular cupcake, but it wasn't all that exciting. 

                       

0 comments:

Post a Comment