Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 19 December 2011

Info Post

Hello fellow bloggers and friends I hope all your Christmas plans are going well and the shopping is done.

I have a lovely before and after today of a bed bench I picked up a while back at a local re-sale shop.

Here’s the after.

bedbench6


Now here is the before.

bedbench10

It did not look so bad but I wanted a more Country French look with a cushion.

First I painted it with about three coats of Annie Sloan’s new color Coco.  I then distressed it and dry brushed on a coat of Old White.

bedbench1


bedbench2


After the bench had dried I cut two pieces of waffled foam the kind you put on a bed. I used a queen size so that I would have a piece long enough.
bedbench3

I used upholstery glue to adhere the two pieces together and to glue it to the top. Next I covered the padding with batting and stapled it down.

bedbench4

I covered it with osenberger fabric because I feel that it looks the most like a grain sack.  I had transferred a cherub image, some flourishes and roses to the fabric using the Citrasolv method.  You can find the tutorial for using this transfer method here. The images came from The Graphic’s Fairy.

bedbench8

One of the ends with the flourishes and roses.

bedbench9



bedbench5


I hope you enjoyed this before and after as much as I enjoyed re-furbishing it. Smile




UPDATE


Here's a couple of better pictures of the paint on the bench.








I'm sharing with the following parties.




Photobucket










shabby creek cottage






















French Country Cottage
DomesticallySpeaking





























The 36th Avenue


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

0 comments:

Post a Comment