Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 1 March 2011

Info Post
Today marks my first real style post, where you get to see a glimpse of how I put together my own outfits! This post is somewhat belated, because I'm actually going to talk about my Sunday outfit, but I've had so little time recently and I really wanted to post about Sunday, so it had to wait two days. (Which reminds me, I'm so sorry for not posting for a week. My schedule has been absolutely crammed, but my musical performances were this past weekend, so I will now have relatively more time on my hands to blog.)

Anyways, sorry to get sidetracked.

Sunday was an absolutely gorgeous day and I felt like spring had already arrived. Later in the evening it cooled off so much that I grumblingly resolved that spring wasn't quite here yet. Nonetheless, I now have my hopes up that it will warm up permanently soon enough!
Because it was relatively warm out, I was allowed a lot more freedom with my outfit because I wasn't trapped under a puffy winter coat. The outfit was shaped around a new pair of tights I bought a few weeks ago and couldn't find anything to wear them with for a while. Finally, I had a lightbulb moment and my tights were able to see the light of day for the first time.

Brandy Melville top, Topshop skirt, We Love Colors tights, Gelati boots.

You're probably asking yourself: are these photos actually headless?
The answer is yes, currently Miss Maya, the Girl who Loves Color, is blogging headlessly. My parents are very supportive of my blogging adventure and read each post, and they politely requested that I remain headless on my blog for now, until they learn more about this fascinating new world of bloggers. Of course, I wouldn't want to disrespect my parents' wishes, so here I am... without a head.

Anyways...

I've had this Topshop skirt for a while now and it's always been my favorite skirt, in part because its short length makes my petite legs look longer than they actually are. The color scheme of the skirt is similar to the periwinkle/cornflower-blue color of the tights, so I instantly imagined pairing the two together. I also have a new obsession with wearing tops over skirts, rather than tucking them in, as many people instinctively do. I bought this top relating to my idea of "interesting and more mature" graphic t-shirts (see this post for more about that). The boots I bought in Paris last spring because I wanted a comfortable shoe that would go with everything and the brown suede of this pair is so wonderful; I definitely found what I was looking for, because these boots are actually my go-to pair of shoes. I wear them so often, probably at least three times a week actually.


Here's a close-up view of the skirt and tights together. I don't wear jewelry very often, but this black and silver wrap bracelet is one of my favorite pieces out of my small jewelry collection. My mom picked it out for me when she was in Berlin. It's also one of the few bracelets that fits me reasonably well; I have the tiniest wrists, so it's so hard to find bracelets that don't look ridiculous on me.


This is my full outfit, with the outerwear included. (Isn't it wonderful when you don't have to wear a winter coat?) I always used to find outerwear boring and depressing, but I really love wearing this jacket. I picked it up really cheap at a vintage/resale store near my school. At first I was unsure about it, but I'm so glad my mom persuaded me to get it, because it's one of my favorite possessions. Most of my clothes are very sweet and feminine, so I like the contrast of this jacket because it's tougher than most of my wardrobe (although this wrap bracelet has an element of toughness to it as well). I love how it's motorcycle jacket-inspired but with a twist: the bluish-purple color is way more interesting than the standard neutral shades of motorcycle jackets, and I love the mix of the soft cotton sleeves and collar and suede torso.

 I wore this outfit to go shopping for new pairs of jeans that are the right length for me. Jeans like this are hard to find when you're 5 feet tall and have hips that are often too curvy for juniors' sizes. My trip was actually pretty successful, so maybe I'll post about that another day. But it's getting late, so ta-ta for now!

xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment