Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 7 March 2011

Info Post
I am happy to announce that this marks the first post of the Fall 2011 edition of my "Color on the Runway" segment. I've decided that rather than writing this segment in one whole chunk like the last time, I am going to break up each post. This means that about once a week I will write a new "Color on the Runway" post, but in between I will have regular posts. I think this way it will be more interesting, especially since fall is a long ways away, and I'd much rather think about spring and summer right now. Nonetheless, the fall shows were very recent and I've been wanting to begin to cover some of them.

Onwards!

Emilio Pucci is highly regarded for his bold, colorful patterns. Of course, these swirly prints are his signature, so Pucci's fall show featured plenty of them. I was expecting this show to be somewhat subdued, as fall shows tend to be, but I was pleasantly surprised by bright spring-like colors.
This collection is a real contrast to Pucci's spring show, which was laid-back and had a hippie-like bohemian air. The fall looks were much more refined, with low-cut, form-fitting cocktail dress silhouettes; flirty peek-a-boo lace; modern cut-outs; and brocade-style, ornate texturing. In addition, there was the occasional flash of neon color here and there and a nice dash of feathers.



Photos from style.com

I found this show really great because it had a good combination of bright, vivid patterns that really catch the eye and more subdued, autumnal tones that still manage to be interesting. 
The colorful dresses are lots of fun and stay true to the brand's aesthetic, but the varied necklines keep things modern. The show includes looks that are very reminiscent of classic fall style, such as the burgundy velvet dress with elegant flashes of skin, and the ruffled mustard yellow blouse, which is dainty and seems like it could be from the Victorian era, but the subtle pattern and its pairing of tailored gray pants keep the look in the 21st century. I also love the twists on fall style: the strong, ruby red pants in the last image I posted are ingenious, and the silky light blue peeking out from a beautifully crafted gray blazer is so fun and unexpected. On another note, the models' über-short haircuts are a really great addition to the show. Some of the outfits seem a bit stuck in the past, but the hairstyles are modern and très chic!
I have to say, the one thing this show lacks is a uniting theme. The collection is similar in that all the looks contain refined, ladylike aspects, as well as curve-hugging shapes and spot-on tailoring. But that's really the job of the designer's hand; there really is no overarching idea, or at least if there was one it's just too obscure or the clothes do a bad job of relaying it to the viewer. That was really my only problem with the show; otherwise I loved the clothes!

You can check out a slideshow with all of the Pucci fall 2011 RTW looks here. This link also includes menswear, but these looks are also very interesting.

Hope you enjoyed the first "Color on the Runway" fall 2011 post! 
You can always let me know what you think by commenting on this post. And please remember to follow Girl Loves Color by clicking the "Follow" button in the top right corner.

xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment