Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 21 March 2011

Info Post
So, I have actually neglected to mention this on my blog (though I have no idea HOW I forgot to bring it up), but for spring break my parents planned a trip to Paris for us, some relatives, and one of my best friends! I arrived this morning and despite being jet-lagged, don't worry: I already hit the shops and bought one pair of shoes. More on that some other time.
Instead, I wanted to talk about a brand I discovered today while parading through the chilly, springtime streets of Paris.

Maje is a Parisian brand that creates ready-to-wear clothing for the chic, young woman who appreciates comfort but is not afraid of edgy glamour. The clothes are designed to fit this specific type of person exactly; combing the racks, I could perfectly visualize the Maje customer.
Below are some highlights from the Maje spring/summer 2011 collection from the line's online shop.

All images from maje.com

I love the selection that this collection has, because there is a garment for every need. The contrast is beautiful: both sequin shorts and leather jackets are equally satisfying in terms of design and craftsmanship. And not only are the clothes beautiful, but color is sleekly incorporated in extremely wearable - and quintessentially Parisian - ways. (i.e. the red dress and blue sequin jacket above, among many others from the collection).
I tried on a pair of blue sequin shorts and a colorful, striped sweater that is slightly reminiscent of a Missoni piece.
The prices here are moderately expensive, in that they are neither cheap nor are they as expensive as designer fashions, with most of the garments priced between 100 and 350 euros. The store also sells a small selection of accessories that will perfectly complement any Maje garments, including scarves (because it is Paris, after all), belts, bags, and jewelry.
Unfortunately Maje does not currently have any American stores, but the brand has stores in London, Athens, Anvers, Geneva, Casablanca, Dublin, and Dubai, among others. However, Maje garments can be found on Net-a-Porter and the Maje e-boutique.

Maje is one of many popular French chain stores. Tomorrow I hope to check out their stock shop (where sale items are located), conveniently located by my hotel.
There will be many more Paris-themed posts to come.

Bonsoir!

0 comments:

Post a Comment