Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 12 March 2011

Info Post
As promised, here is the second part to the previous blog post.


I found this flower outside my hotel in Cairns, Australia. It's so unusual; I've never seen anything like it.

Topshop tank, Rodarte x Opening Ceremony skirt, Chanel bag, SKU wood bangle with amethyst stones, Spring Street Design Group wood bangles.

I was inspired not only by the colors in this photograph but by the organic, nature feel. I think the fluidity of the outfit matches this vibe well. The color of the top is beautiful and it works to bring out the purple tones in the flower. I especially love the skirt's raw texture and rough pleating and the way it really adds that organic element. The emerald green tone of this Chanel bag is stunning; it's a lot harder to find this shade of green than I thought it would be! The bag adds structure to the loose silhouettes of the outfit. The wood bangles are great because they really complete the outfit. They also suit the photograph well because the climate in Cairns feels so similar to that of a rainforest and the bracelets give off such a summery, tropical vibe when combined with this outfit.
The look would go great for spending a day walking around in Cairns. The combination of pieces conveys that feeling of being in a tropical rainforest.

Photograph taken by me
Outfit collages made using polyvore.com

Unfortunately, I was caught up with fashion class and a family event today, so I am not able to include the last two photos I was planning on writing about. Those will have to wait until tomorrow, but hopefully that gives you something to look forward to!

xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment