Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 3 April 2011

Info Post
Throughout my travels in Paris, I noticed that the city has a wonderful group of chain stores. (This group includes Maje, among others; see this post.)
I wanted to talk about one of the classiest and most stylish of the bunch: Sandro. The store has a similar aesthetic to that of Theory, a popular chain in the United States that can also be found internationally. The logos for the two stores even look the same. (After further investigations, it seems that the the brands are not associated with each other.)

Sandro was launched in 1984 by husband and wife Didier and Evelyn Chétrite.
The clothes are suitable for the middle-to-upper class Parisian woman going to work who doesn't want to sacrifice fashion for function. The clothes on the racks when I visited the store, however, weren't afraid to have fun. The selection the store has is a perfect combination of classic, well-made office garb with beautiful yet subtle detailing and playful, youthful pieces that are still sophisticated enough for Sandro's chic, feminine customer.


When I saw these in person, I knew that I had seen them before. If you read my blog religiously, you might be thinking the same thing: before I knew anything about Sandro I featured this exact garment in one of my photo collages.
What a beautiful pattern!





All images from net-a-porter.com

If you would like to browse the lookbook for the current collection or look at the other articles of clothing available, follow this link to Sandro's website. The website is in French, naturally, but navigating is still simple: femme and homme will direct you to womenswear and menswear, respectively.
Selections from the Sandro collection can be found on Net-A-Porter.

On another note:
Tomorrow I will finish up my posts about Paris, right before my birthday on Tuesday, April 5!

0 comments:

Post a Comment