Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 27 April 2011

Info Post
I apologize deeply for the lack of posts in the past few days. I had no Internet access, unfortunately. I am so happy to be blogging again!
Due to the aforementioned problem, I was unable to write about my fabulous time at an event I attended a week ago, hosted by NYLON magazine, a publication that I read religiously and love every time. The magazine sponsored a shopping event to benefit Housing Works, a thrift store that supports people living with HIV/AIDS, even donating several new selections especially for the event.

While I was there, I had the wonderful opportunity to meet J. Erico, NYLON's fashion director, as well as snag some great merchandise along with my mom.

Here's what I found:


Image from hfm.co.jp

Marc by Marc Jacobs silk pleated dress

One of the brand new donations from NYLON magazine, I fell in love with this dress at first sight. The pattern is a gorgeous geometric design in rich colors that stand out without looking fourth-of-July-ish. The silhouette is perfect: the dress hits me a few inches above the knee, below mid-thigh, the peplum fold is surprisingly flattering on my figure, and the pleated skirt is a beautiful detail. The fold is strategically placed mid-torso, so it evens out a shape like mine, with bigger hips and a smaller waist. The dress skims the body without being too tight or too sack-like. The silk is high quality and is extremely soft.
Overall, it feels like this dress was tailored to me. And at a small fraction of the original price, what a fabulous find!

Tucker by Target blouse top

The colors incorporated in this top are what drew me to the piece. One can see why: the sleeves, hem, and neckline are beautifully detailed with a colorful geometric pattern. The rest of the top is just as interesting, the torso characterized by a bright fuschia. The fit is wonderful and the material is super soft.
What I like most about this piece is that the blouse-like fabric and fit of the top allows it to be worn for a formal occasion or to work (if only I had a job), but the overall simplicity also allows it to be worn casually.


Furla patent leather handbag

The reason I bought this purse is because of the unusual color and the great size. Yellow, especially in this shade, is rarely used for handbags, so I was inspired by this bag. I never wear colors like this, so I liked challenging myself to incorporate a new color into my wardrobe and mix and match it with items I already own. The size is perfect because it is big enough to fit everything I need (i.e. phone, keys, wallet,  chapstick) but it is still small and dainty, almost like a piece of jewelry worn on the shoulder. The patent leather is very good quality and the lining is so soft. I also love the shiny silver details on the strap and zipper.


White crossbody bag

I find this bag very striking because it's white, also an unusual color for a handbag. I love all the details of this bag: the gold hardware Xs and buckle, the fun tassel charm, and the practical rectangular shape. The bag is roomy and fits a lot without being bulky and I love the soft material (faux-leather, perhaps). The strap is a bit long for my petite frame, but the fact that it is adjustable gives me the opportunity to punch in more holes if I so wish. This bag feels summery and light and will be perfect with my warm-weather outfits.

This event was a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to the many times I will use these items in the future! I know I'll definitely try to attend more NYLON events!
Photos, unless specified, taken by me.

On another note: expect a lot of posts coming your way, due to my unexpected absence!

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment