Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 29 August 2012

Info Post
Last Christmas a friend of mine held a cookie exchange, I had recently been on a Nutella kick (when am I not on a Nutella kick?), and decided to make the Nutella  cookies I had seen on Pinterest, they turned out oh so delightful! I also remember from that day that they were the easiest cookie recipe I had  made to date. Madison sent us her version of Nutella cookies that didn't turn out like she had hoped (what a waste of Nutella, I feel for you Madison). Here is her sad tale.

The Original

Now to me, these look more like cookie crisps than anything else. The original site says they "taste like the edge of a brownie", that isn't quite the "cookie" that Madison was looking for.
 unfortunately.

The Pinstrosity

So this is just a big brownie edge. No cookie involved here. Whatsoever. Poor thing, wasting all the wonderful Nutella. I'm so sorry for your loss Madison, Nutella is a staple at my house. Here is the problem:
This is called "Three Ingredient Nutella Cookies", you have your 1c. sugar, your 1 egg, and your 1 c. Nutella. No flour. Not even a little bit. This would explain why the "cookie" is more of a giant brownie edge. As for why Madison's turned into a giant blob, I would guess she had her cookie balls too big, and too close together.

Back to last Christmas, so I made these 4 ingredient cookies and they turned out fantastic! I followed the directions exactly, and had no problems with them at all. Here is the link and recipe:

Preheat oven to 350 F.

 Ingredients:
1 Cup Nutella
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Whole Egg
1 Cup All Purpose Flour

Blend all ingredients together well. Form into 1″ balls. Place on a cookie sheet. Press down firmly (you can use the bottom of a glass if you want, I just used the palm of my hand). Bake 7-8 minutes or until set. Let cool.

The Original (From My Christmas Adventures)

The Pin-Win (From My Christmas Adventures)

They were delicious,and SO easy! They were a huge hit, and I love that I already had everything that I needed!

Does anyone else have any fool proof great Nutella cookie recipes?! Please share! Happy Wednesday!

                                              -Emilee

0 comments:

Post a Comment