Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 30 June 2012

Info Post
Happy weekend everyone! So, I am NOT and I repeat NOT a cooking genius, I usually leave those pins for Marquette, who has much more experience and adventurism (is that a word?) in the kitchen than I do, however that being said, she is out of town still, sad day, I know you probably miss her fun posts (and so do I), but alas, she comes home tonight! (Holy run on sentence batman...sorry). Anyways, Natalie sent me this awesome post about baked "hard boiled" eggs! Never in my life have I heard of this, I mean I JUST discovered baked bacon, like I said not a magician in the kitchen (sorry mom) , but hey The Mr. Chips doesn't complain. So here is Natatlie's Pinstrosity.

The Original Pin



The Pinstrosity





Here's the catch. The eggs have to be cooked in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Rather than stick them in the mini muffin pan, which I thought was totally smart I probably would have done the same thing, place the eggs length wise straight on the oven rack like so:

This keeps them from rolling around, and this minimizes browning due to the fact that there is hardly any egg surface area touching the oven rack. when the eggs are done, pull them out of the oven with tongs or an oven mitt, and place them in iced water wait till they are cool enough to peel and then proceed to peel. IF there are any brown spots, it is NORMAL, and they will soon disappear in the cold water. There may be a small brown spot on the actual egg white itself, this is also NORMAL and the egg will still taste the same. As soon as they are peeled put them back in the cold water for another ten minutes or so and voila! Hard Boiled Eggs minus the Boil!

P.S. I know what you are thinking, "Didn't she just say how awful she is with recipes and such?" Yes I did, and yes that is true. I am no Picasso with Poultry, but I did some research for this one, and all the info was the same, and Alton Brown (Food Channel, funny guy), these are HIS recommendations, and well he is on the freaking food network, so I trust him. Now worries chaps, I did my homework :) Another freaking long sentence, I will need to work on that. Sorry!

                                                -Emilee



0 comments:

Post a Comment