Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 1 June 2012

Info Post
If you're anything like me, you probably have a love hate relationship with recipes and Pinterest food. They all just look soooo good, and every pin says "Super easy and super yummy!" and it sucks us in. I can mess up a fool-proof recipe, but I haven't died yet so I'll keep trying these "super easy" recipes. We had a submission of one of these "super easy" recipes by Lidia. 2 main ingredients...2 minor ingredients, no mixing. Just roll and bake. See how yummy and pretty these look? 

The Original Pin
http://eatatallies.com/2011/04/resurrection-rolls/
Lidia says, "I've seen this pin floating around, and I honestly thought that it looked too good to be true. The lesson here is an Easter one, that Jesus the marshmallow goes into his tomb, and then the marshmallow disappears--but where does it go? The answer is, unfortunately, out."

The Pinstrosity

Not quite like it was supposed to turn out. Lidia tells us, "I followed exactly what the recipe said--large marshmallows, regular crescent rolls, and pinching the dough securely shut. Unfortunately the marshmallows still found whatever way they could out of the rolls. Despite all this, they were definitely delicious and gone within minutes."

To be honest...I have no idea what happened here. A difference in crescent roll dough sizes or makeup perhaps? Perhaps try mini mashmallows, but those will be kinda hard to handle in the butter and sugar...but it could work. 

Despite the Pinstrosity, Lidia said these turned out yummy. "Thankfully I was just making these to be tasty...but if I was making these for Easter I would definitely have been disappointed."

(Redundo Rolls, hehehe. Anyone know their latin?)

                          

0 comments:

Post a Comment