Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 28 June 2012

Info Post
I've thought a lot recently about sophistication. The teenaged years are ones of trial and error, and I have particularly found this to be true in examining my style. Currently in the process of re-vamping my wardrobe, I've adopted a sort of "out with the old, in with the new" mantra that favors not so much of a purging as rather a curation of sorts. It's a challenge to be able to pick and choose when I feel sentimental about much of my clothing. But it's a necessity, I believe, in this process of growing up, to ensure that the fabrics draping my frame evolve as I do.
The first aim of my wardrobe refinement is to amp the maturity. I often favor sweet, darling pieces, which explains so well my adoration for lovely floral prints on absolutely everything. There's nothing wrong with that, but it defines almost everything I possess. With class and elegance, I plan to add staples into my closet that contrast such a mainstay.
My blog began as a record of sorts for me, and posts like these reflect this greatly. Many posts echo my life and fashion-related thoughts at the time that I sit down to write them. And now here I am contemplating pieces that I can aim for in order to achieve the cleanse I feel that I need.
The sleeveless blouse is the perfect, ladylike solution to summer temperatures. I've long considered blouses to be sort of stuffy and prim, for women much older than me. Yet there are so many youthful options, and it really is all about the pairing. The rainbow of sleeveless blouses that I have put together below would look great set against cuffed boyfriend jeans and metallic shoes. The contrast is a simple way to turn a style I used to consider intangible into one that is rather accessible to a variety of ages.

Fully Armed
Clockwise, from top left: Tops by Derek Lam, Wayne, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Jason Wu, Gucci, Blumarine, 3.1 Phillip Lim, and Marni.
Prints are dear to my heart, but a strong solid hue provides a soothing break from a frenzied crowd of pattern. Any one of these tops would be a perfect addition to the workwear wardrobe layered underneath a blazer or cardigan and is equally adept in everyday environments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment