Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 17 October 2011

Info Post
Hello everyone hope you’re having a great day.  Today I’m sharing the redo of a small accent table I picked up at a yard sale.  Here’s what I started with.

accenttabef

Notice how the finished has been rubbed off of the top. It has a little open shelf below the top and I think it was probably used at one time for a desk as there was quite a lot of very old gum stuck to the bottom of it. Smile




ascpemperorssilk

I couldn’t wait to try out my new Annie Sloan Chalk Paint color “Emperor’s Silk”. It looks quite bright in the can but here’s how it looks after two coats on the little table with no primer.

accenttabred


I love how it dries to a lovely aged red you might see on a antique piece. It would be lovely on a front door don’t you think?

accenttabred2

Gosh look at my grass and we water ours! If you have any rain in your area of the country send us some down here in Texas we really need it. Anyway here is the finished product.





accenttabfinished

I applied a coat of ASCP clear, soft, wax and sprayed on a lace accent to the top using a piece of lace that I had as a stencil and a soft cream spray paint.  Then distressed the table in areas that would naturally have worn and applied another coat of wax.

accenttabfinished2



accenttabredtop


The lace design has a pretty rose detail.  I hope you enjoyed this lil' project. I’ll have pics of a dinette set in the next couple of days.

Thanks for dropping by ya’ll.


I'm sharing with the following parties.









Domestically Speaking









Friday on Remodelaholic

0 comments:

Post a Comment