Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 17 October 2011

Info Post
When inspiration seems to fail me, all roads lead to Tumblr. An endless portfolio of beautiful images, Tumblr never ceases to motivate me to be creative and imaginative. For this blog post, I have once again turned to Tumblr to create a series of colorful outfits based on various photographs and pieces of art found on the site. Though I wish to give credit to the artists who rightfully deserve it, unfortunately Tumblr rarely notes the mastermind behind these lovely works. All I can say is that I found each of these images in Tumblr, and every one is beautiful in its own right.
Enjoy.






1
Matthew Williamson dress, Nicholas Kirkwood mary janes, Christopher Kane plastic clutch.

This outfit has a lot going on, just like the painting that inspired it. I captured the vibe of the painting with a combination of sophistication and fun (the clutch, and partly the shoes). The shoes, however, represent a twist on classic sophistication, as the painting doesn't personify the classic definition of sophisticated, rather representing a more abstract view on the word. The spastic feel is embodied by the interesting pattern of this Matthew Williamson dress, yet the silhouette of the dress keeps things classy. After all, no matter how crazy a painting gets, it's generally contained within a frame.






2
Dion Lee blue pleated silk blouse, Chloe green silk bow blouse, Pringle of Scotland cropped pants, Nicholas Kirkwood heels, Phillipe Audibert spike cuffs, bracelets (from top to bottom) by Alexander McQueen, Givenchy, and Lanvin.

I was going for more of an editorial feel here. Pastel tears are represented by the outfit, the green blouse layered under the blue one. These amazing heels represented the eyes, thickly coated with mascara, and their toughness. This fierce, almost scary vibe given off by the eyes is represented in the jewelry as well, which conveys strength and glamour at the same time. I like this contrast between hard and soft, which is also represented in the artwork with the relationship between the colorful streams of tears and the black holes that are eyes. However, the glossy red lips feel elegant, so I attempted to portray this as well in my outfit.

Images via Tumblr

3
Catherine Malandrino cardigan, Zero + Maria Cornejo dress, Sergio Rossi booties, Cambridge Satchel Co. classic satchel, Marni necklace.

With this outfit, I wanted to portray the beauty and elegance of a sunset, which is what this piece of art reminded me of. I was inspired by the palette of a sunset with this beautiful dress. Both the silhouette of the cardigan and the dress are draped, which represents the waves depicted in the image, as do the lines of the architectural shoes. The satchel adds a classic feel and fits in with the color palette; after all, a sunset is a daily occurrence.

I hope you have enjoyed this post. It was a lot of fun for me to write, though it took a considerable amount of time. Let me know if you'd like to see more posts like this! And please do tell me which one is your favorite outfit. I'm curious to know.

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment