Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 25 January 2011

Info Post
After many months of seeing neutral palettes at the top of the fashion trend list, bright color and pattern from the spring 2011 shows kicked the grays, blacks, browns, and camels out of the picture. The new season was full of joyous, playful, and bright clothing. I'm sure I'm not the only one who was happy to see this; it's been quite a long time since there has been such a fun season of shows in the fashion world.
Inspired by this new burst of color, I wanted to feature some of these spectacular runway shows, which leads to my "Color on the Runway" segment, which will include multiple posts highlighting some shows that really stood out to me.

Now, on to the good stuff!

I didn't really know anything about Alexandre Herchcovitch and his brand before I saw his stunning spring 2011 runway show. Herchocovitch is a very young Brazilian designer whose brand is characterized by beautiful, modern silhouettes. His show included jewel-tones, playful geometric print dresses, soft pastels, and neon gradients. The silhouettes were interesting, modern, elegant, and creatively cut; the patterns and colors were intriguing without being distracting. Except for a couple of looks with shapes that were just a bit too strange for me, everything is sublime and totally wearable.




Photos from nymag.com

Visit Alexandre Herchcovitch's website for more information or to shop online (Brazil only).

0 comments:

Post a Comment